Are you struggling to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 8/8.1? Have you tried pressing both F8 and Shift+F8 innumerable times and still no luck?
That’s because a lot has changed with the boot procedure in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. The booting has become so fast, that it literally cannot be interrupted by any of your keypresses.
Here is one way you can boot into Safe Mode, and which doesn’t involve any special hacks or manual configuration.
Safe Mode is a special way for Windows loading, when there is a system-critical problem that interferes with the normal operation of Windows.
The purpose of Safe Mode is to allow you to troubleshoot Windows and to determine what is the cause of problem.
Once you have corrected the problem, then you can reboot and Windows will load normally.
1.Upon restart, hold the Shift button and keep tapping the F8 key. This will boot you into the advanced “recovery mode”.
If it doesn’t work the first time, please keep trying until you get the “Recovery” option.
2.Click on “See advanced repair options”.
3. Click on the “Troubleshoot” option.
3. Now select “Advanced Options”.
4. From “Advanced Options” choose the “Windows Startup Settings”.
5. Finally hit the “Restart” button from the “Windows Startup Settings”.
6. When your PC reboots, you will be able to see the “Advanced Boot Options”.
7. Select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter.
This will boot your PC in Safe Mode.
Safe mode thus provides a simple and prompt solution to faulty PC which doesn’t start normally.