Twitter, don’t let it be in your heart, just tweet it. This line is enough to describe one of the most loved social networking website, which provides users a platform to express themselves. However, as every coin has two sides similarly on Twitter also there are two type of users, one who tweets sensibly and the other who tweets just rubbish.
You may have surely noticed that whenever you open your Twitter account, you will find numbers of annoying and insensible tweets. You often wish that these tweets would never appear in your timeline. One easy step to block these type of tweets is to just unfollow that person. However, many a times it becomes impossible for us to do so as the person either can be closely acquainted or occasionally he tweets on good tech news which you do not want to miss.
If you are also struggling with the same problem, then this article will provide you with a solution.
How to mute specific words from Twitter on the web.
- To get things started just login to your Twitter account.
- Click on the profile picture on the top right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu select the option Settings and privacy.
- From the sidebar pane click on the option Muted words.
- Now click on the Add button to add the specific words.
- Now add words, phrases, hashtags you wish to mute. You also have a option as how long you wish to mute the tweets containing those words or hashtags. Moreover you have the option to remove the tweets containing those words from your timeline and notifications. Once you are done with your settings click on Add to complete.
How to mute specific words from Twitter on mobile(Android):
If you do not own a PC then you can also implement this on your mobile as well.
- Sign into your Twitter account and click on Notification i.e. the bell icon.
- Now click on the gear icon located on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Tap on Muted words to continue.
- Now click on the + icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen, to add the words.
- Now start adding words, phrases, hashtags you wish to mute. Also, you have the option to remove the tweets containing those words from your timeline and notifications.
- You also have a option as to how long you wish to mute the tweets containing those words or hashtags. Tap on any of the option as per your wish.
- Click on Save to save the changes.
Now you will no more see the annoying tweets on your timeline and notifications. So, folks follow the above steps and bid farewell forever to the exasperating tweets.